Dynamic Science and Art Educator
- an enthusiastic creative who enjoys working with kids, brainstorming new programs and seeing a lesson plan come to life from start to finish?
- happy to work alongside parents and customers who are looking for unique educational experiences for either themselves or their kids?
- an educator who aims to inspire students to step away from their desks, limit their screen time and get involved with tinkering, playing and creating?
- someone who finds the space between science, technology, engineering, art, and math fascinating and would like to share this fascination and interest with kids, youth, and adults?
- someone who feeds off of collaboration and value working alongside colleagues who support one another?
- a person who enjoys having a lot of creative freedom in a workplace?
- would like the opportunity to directly impact the development and growth of Toronto’s first science and art lab?
- (very important) someone who desires to put their energy towards something great?
- Part-time position available (involves a mix of weekday and weekend shifts)
- teaching toddlers, kids, youth and adults
- preparing teaching kits
- planning lessons in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) subjects
- hosting birthday parties
- travelling to programs
- teaching camps and pa day programs
- working alongside staff and volunteers
- instructing classes in the lab and on location
- communicating with clients
- testing out experiments and art activities
- preparing budgets
- experience working with toddlers, children and/or youth in educational settings
- ability to hold the attention of a group of students
- experience creating lesson plans
- strong public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- strong classroom management skill
- a Degree in Education, Fine Art or Science
- several years work experience in a student, training, or client-oriented field
- a valid G Driver's License
- have access to car
- great at social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Volunteer with Us
This is your chance to be part of something truly unique, Toronto’s first laboratory dedicated to science and art! It would be amazing to have your enthusiasm and experience and there are a multitude of ways for you to get involved. Your input will surely go a long way!
Ways You Can Be Involved:
- Birthdays (Ages 2-12)
- Kids Classes (Grades 1-6)
- Youth Workshops (Grades 7-12)
- Adult Workshops (19+)
- Programming + Lesson Planning
- Social Media + Marketing
- Retail + Store
- Window Display
- Social Outreach
Apply to Volunteer with Us
Please fill out our Volunteer Form and we will be in touch!