Join Our Team
Position: Dynamic Science & Arts Educator
- an enthusiastic creative who enjoys working with kids, brainstorming new programs and seeing a lesson plan come to life from start to finish?
- happy to work alongside parents and customers who are looking for unique educational experiences for either themselves or their kids?
- an educator who aims to inspire students to step away from their desks, limit their screen time and get involved with tinkering, playing and creating?
- someone who finds the space between science, technology, engineering, art, and math fascinating and would like to share this fascination and interest with kids, youth, and adults?
- someone who feeds off of collaboration and value working alongside colleagues who support one another?
- a person who enjoys having a lot of creative freedom in a workplace?
- would like the opportunity to directly impact the development and growth of Toronto’s first science and art lab?
- (very important) someone who desires to put their energy towards something great?
- Part-time position available (involves a mix of weekday and weekend shifts)
- teaching toddlers, kids, youth and adults
- preparing teaching kits
- planning lessons in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) subjects
- hosting birthday parties
- travelling to programs
- teaching camps and pa day programs
- working alongside staff and volunteers
- instructing classes in the lab and on location
- communicating with clients
- testing out experiments and art activities
- preparing budgets
- experience working with toddlers, children and/or youth in educational settings
- ability to hold the attention of a group of students
- experience creating lesson plans
- strong public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- strong classroom management skill
- a Degree in Education, Fine Art or Science
- several years work experience in a student, training, or client-oriented field
- a valid G Driver's License
- have access to car
- great at social media (Instagram and Facebook)